Notre Dame College’s Academic Success Center serves students with a range of learning differences, including ASD’s. A news article on the program is available here. From the program website:
What will the Academic Support Center offer you?
- Individual tutoring appointments with degreed professionals; four hours a week recommended but more appointments available if needed.
- Unlimited use of adaptive equipment and individual training on the equipment.
- Weekly individual appointment with a Learning Specialist.
- Academic advising.
- Transfer to Action Support Group meetings with The Cleveland Clinic.
- Career services specifically geared to individuals with a learning difference including resume writing, interviewing skills and job search techniques.
- Workshops on time management, study skills, organizational skills, reading comprehension, and adaptive equipment.
- Supervised study halls.
- Mid-term progress reports.
- Individual recognition of achievements at Awards Day presentation.
- Quarterly newsletter.
- Monthly social events.
- Summer Springboard to Success, a 5 session study skills workshop (additional charge required).
- The ASC is open from:
- Monday- Thursday 8am-8pm
- Friday- 8am-4:30pm
- Sunday- 1pm-4pm
Services offered based on Individual Documentation:
- Distraction-free environment for test taking.
- Note-taking assistance.
- Extended time for completing tests.
- Alternative testing format.
- Use of a scribe.
- Taping of class lectures.
- Class materials provided in print.
If you have additional information about services provided to students with ASD at this school, click here. If you want to share your experience with those services, do that by leaving a comment below.
School-sponsored program: Yes
Counseling: through other campus resources
Social Skills Instruction/Coaching: Yes
Academic Support: Yes
Application Required: No
Extra Fee: Yes