DeSales intensive support program is called Gateway to Success. It is unclear from the site whether the program is inclusive of students with ASD’s. From the school website:
Students who meet established guidelines may participate in Gateway To Success and gain benefits in a broad variety of ways according to their individual needs and interests. About 100 students participate annually in Gateway To Success on the DeSales campus already!
Gateway To Success staff members assist students to emerge as campus leaders and to graduate with marketable skills! Students, who have outstanding leadership skills and academic potential, work in close relationship with staff members to achieve personal, social, and academic goals.
Each student is served according to his or her own unique needs as an individual.
General support services include:
- Professional tutoring in reading and studying
- Writing assistance with research, writing papers, and English course work
- Assistance in filing all financial aid forms
- Advocacy with the Treasurer’s Office and the Financial Aid Office
- Peer tutoring for course content in subject areas
- Academic advising
- Workshops in topics relevant to student adjustment
- Diagnostic testing in reading, writing, and study skills
- Goal-setting in personal, social, academic, and career areas
The school is also listed as “friendly” to students with ASD’s by Inside College.
School-sponsored program: Yes
Counseling: through other campus resources
Social Skills Instruction/Coaching: No
Academic Support: Yes
Application Required: unclear
Extra Fee: unclear
If you have additional information about services provided to students with ASD at this school, click here. If you want to share your experience with those services, do that by leaving a comment below.