McDaniel College offers an “Academic Skills Program” which explicitly includes students on the spectrum. From the website:
The Academic Skills Program is an optional, fee-based service primarily for students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorders. However, students with other documented disabilities are also eligible for this service.
The following services are available to students with an assessed, documented need for a $3,150 annual fee (billed to student per semester).
- Weekly consultation with an assigned Academic Counselor
- Academic skills tutoring (e.g. time management, test taking strategies, organization skills) with a SASS graduate assistant
- Use of supervised study/computer lab
- Learning style and study skills profile and assessment
- Assistance finding academic subject tutors if needed after evaluation
- Please note because of limited availability of tutors and knowledge of certain subjects we will try our best to find a tutor. In some cases we are unable to provide this service. However SASS staff will assist the student as much as possible in the subject.
- Priority registration ahead of class
School-sponsored program: Yes
Counseling: through other campus resource
Social Skills Instruction/Coaching: No
Academic Support: Yes
Application Required: Yes
Extra Fee: Yes
If you have additional information about services provided to students with ASD at this school, click here. If you want to share your experience with those services, do that by leaving a comment below.