The University of Illinois says they were the very first to offer comprehensive support to students with ASD’s – they even pitch that support to prospective students. Here’s what their support includes, from the website:
- Coordination/case management of academic accommodations for students with psychological disabilities, head trauma, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and Autism/Asperger’s
- Referrals for mental health resources
- Executive skills/academic coaching
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Consultation for academic difficulties and appropriate referrals
- Crisis management and problem solving
The school also has two clinical psychologists who specialize in students with ASD’s, brain injuries, ADHD, and the like.
School-sponsored program: Yes
Counseling: through other campus resources
Social Skills Instruction/Coaching: No
Academic Support: Yes
Application Required: no
Extra Fee: no
If you have additional information about services provided to students with ASD at this school, click here. If you want to share your experience with those services, do that by leaving a comment below.