In addition to student support services for all students, Lesley has a comprehensive set of programs for students with special needs (including some students with ASD’s), although students are not on a diploma track. The “entry” program is called Threshold. From the Lesley website:
- study for careers in Business and Support Services and/or Early Childhood Studies,
- are motivated to become independent,
- may have received a lot of special services in school,
- would probably struggle in a traditional college degree program,
- score below average on tests of intellectual ability, and
- may have difficulty with reading, writing and math skills.
- receive a certificate of completion and six college credits, and
- may participate in one of Threshold’s two postgraduate programs;
- Transition Year provides continuing support as students enter the work world and live in apartments, graduates receive a certificate and three college credits, or
- Bridge Year which offers another year of skill building on campus; graduates receive a certificate. Many Bridge Year graduates go on to Transition Year.
School-sponsored program: Yes
Social Skills Instruction/Coaching: Yes
Academic Support: Yes
Application Required: Yes
Extra Fee: Yes
If you have additional information about services provided to students with ASD at this school, click here. If you want to share your experience with those services, do that by leaving a comment below.